P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #2) by Jenny Han

 

Summary (from the publisher): Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.
She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.

When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?

In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Times bestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of what makes it so amazing.

Review: Lara Jean Covey is back in this second installment of this charming series. What started as a fake relationship with Peter for the sake of appearances has turned real. Lara Jean really likes him. But when some drama ensues, quickly followed by a boy from her past resurfacing, Lara Jean questions her feelings. 

I really like this sweet, young adult series. I identify closely with Lara Jean - her studiousness, her uncertainty when it comes to boys and dating. Jenny Han does such a great job of capturing the complexities of social interactions as a teenager and the missteps that teenagers make all too often. 

I didn't enjoy the plot of this one quite as much as book one, but I do like that it picks up right where book one left off and continues the story. I wish Han hadn't added the love triangle angle to this since it didn't seem in keeping with Jenny's character to be that conflicted between two guys. But I did enjoy this and am excited to see what happens next in book three. 

Stars: 3

Related Title: To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

Comments

Popular Posts