The Legacy (Off-Campus #5) by Elle Kennedy
Four stories. Four couples. Three years of real life after graduation…
A wedding.
A proposal.
An elopement.
And a surprise pregnancy.
Life after college for Garrett and Hannah, Logan and Grace, Dean and Allie, and Tucker and Sabrina, isn't quite what they imagined it would be. Sure, they have each other, but they also have real-life problems that four years at Briar U didn't exactly prepare them for. As it turns out, for these four couples, love is the easy part. Growing up is a whole lot harder.
Come for the drama, stay for the laughs! Catch up with your favorite Off-Campus characters as they navigate the changes that come with growing up and discover that big decisions can have big consequences… and big rewards.
Review: This is a fun collection of novellas that follow the four couples from the four Off-Campus books. Each couple gets about a fourth of this book for a follow-up on where they are a few years out from the conclusion of the series.
You know those epilogue chapters at the end of books where it'll say, "two years later", and you'll get a little bonus scene of what the characters are up to now? That is what this book is like. This book is definitely meant for fans of the series, and I would not recommend reading it as a standalone since these are already established characters. This seems designed for super fans of the series. And it does push the characters along and introduce us to characters that we'll get to see more of in the second-generation books that follow the Off-Campus children when they're grown up.
I'm glad I read this in the sense that I feel very attached to these characters after four books and it was fun to see what they are up to after college. But I was sort of disappointed in the execution of some of the storylines. In particular, this makes Garrett Graham come across as such an a**hole! I don't like how he interacts with Hannah in this or how their relationship post-college is portrayed. I also still didn't like Sabrina after reading this, but that was already my feeling after reading her book. Logan remains my favorite and he continues to shine in this book, as does Dean.
I know the author was trying to insert some levity and humor, but the pranking with the supposedly haunted doll was a crazy choice haha. But I did like that all the couples are still friends in this and interact, so the four novellas do feature all of them as they come in and out of each other's orbit socially.
A fun bonus text for fans but definitely not required or necessary.
Stars: 3
Related Titles:
Comments
Post a Comment